- Stoker rides in front while Captain steers from rear seat
- Handlebars for both riders on same stem offers the front rider a sense of control
- Child sits in the front where adult can supervise activity
- Lower front seat allows both riders to safely enjoy the view
- Seats are close allowing easy communication
- CPSC safety-rated to support a bike weight capacity of 380 pounds; supports two adults to accommodate riders of all ages
- No height restrictions but rear rider should be able to see over the front riders head to safely steer the bicycle
- Pedals connected to same drive chain so riders work together and receive physical and therapeutic benefits
- Fold-out foot pegs provide foot rest for child riders who can't reach pedals or who may tire easily
- EZ Sunray bike seat with back rest will offer support
- Can be ridden alone or with a partner
- Requires less cycling skills for the stoker making the Buddy Bike an excellent tool for training beginners
- Shorter than a typical tandem for easier transport and storage
The Buddy Bike
The Buddy Bike offers adaptive outdoor recreation and therapeutic activity to riders with cognitive or physical disabilities who may not be able to ride a bicycle safely on their own or who do not have the strength to pedal a bike alone. The Buddy Bike allows riders with autism, down syndrome, sight impairment or other disabilities to experience the thrill of riding a bicycle with the whole family. They are no longer left behind!
Our MISSION at Rolling Horse is to make cycling safe for everyone. As participants in the City of Burlington Healthy Community Challenge, we have purchased a Buddy Bike to be made available through our loan program. At NO COST, you can borrow our bike for a few hours or a few days, just like a library! We have community trails out our front door or you can take it with you and return it in time for the next family to borrow!